In November of 1972, a group of 25 undergraduate women came together to form the Delta Phi chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, making it the first Theta chapter in the state of South Carolina and the fourth sorority on Clemson’s campus. This small group of women was bound together by the promises made by the four original members of Kappa Alpha Theta in 1870. These same promises are still the basis of our strong sisterhood today! As an organization built on intellectual curiosity, personal excellence, commitment to service and leadership potential, Delta Phis prove themselves to be leading women on campus, in the classroom, and in the community.